Viterbi Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Technion Computer Engineering (TCE), Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
2015 – present: Active Emeritus Professor
2012 – 2014: Full Professor
2006 – 2011: Visiting Professor
1982 – 2005: Adjunct Professor
1982 – 2005 (Adjunct), 2006 – 2011 (visiting Professor), 2012 – 2014 (full Professor), Oct 2014 – present (Active Emeritus Professor): Viterbi Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science Department, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- Full Professor and Emeritus Professor
Lead a research group (M.Sc, Ph.D and industry participants) in the field of Neural Network efficient Architecture:
– Leveraging dynamically data sparsity and DNN resilience to achieve performance enhancement while reducing energy consumption.
Director and Principal Investigator of Intel Collaboration Research Institute-Computational Intelligence (ICRI-CI). A $15M grant for Architecture and Machine Learning research
at the Technion and Hebrew University.
One of the leading members of “Multiple AsymmeTRic Interconnected Core Systems” group – an EE Technion research initiative.
- Teaching Experience:
– Advanced Computer Architecture
Up-to-date Computer and Machine Learning Architectures
– Architecture of VLSI systems (EE and CS graduate course)
Up-to-date VLSI Microarchitecture and platforms concepts and techniques
– Computer Architecture 101 (EE and CS undergraduate/graduate course)
– Advanced Design of Linear Circuits (graduate and undergraduate course, 1982)
- Co-Manager/Co – Chief researcher (w/ Professor Idit Keidar) of the EE “CMP Knowledge Center”:
– Established an infrastructure for CMP research at the Technion’s EE department. The infrastructure will be used by researchers in Israel, and the center will act as a source of CMP tools and knowledge
- Graduated Students – Master/Ph.D thesis advisor
- Current students
- Teaching Experience:
2002 – 2005: School of Engineering (part time), Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Adjunct Professor
School of Engineering curriculum and Program
1977 – 1981: Computer Science Department, University of Utah, S.L.C., Utah, USA
- Research Assistant (1978, 1981)
Switching networks, Algorithms for Concurrent Environment, Mathematical Representation of Computational Arrays, Pitch Tracker using Short-Time Furrier Transform
- Teaching Assistant (1977-1978)
Fall 1980: Information Sciences Institute (ISI), University of Southern California.
Working with Dr. Danny Cohen, research topic: Algebra of Pipelining